LIVE PLUS (Low Iodine Value Energy) is a custom-formulated animal-vegetable blend developed specifically to meet the needs of swine producers. Research shows that adding liquid fat to a pig’s diet reduces feed intake while maintaining weight gains. A 4 percent increase in pigs' survival to weaning is also reported when liquid fat is added to sows’ gestation period prior to farrowing.
Feed Energy's LIVE PLUS Blend is a cost-effective liquid fat option for more reasons than one:
- Lower iodine values for higher performance — Iodine values play a key role in determining carcass fat quality. Feed Energy has formulated LIVE PLUS to deliver a consistently lower iodine value.
- Essential micronutrients for overall health — LIVE PLUS delivers high levels of fat soluble vitamins such as A, E and K to enhance antibody protection and reduce the risk of inflammation.
- The safe choice for your animals and your customers — Like all Feed Energy products, LIVE PLUS is backed by Safe Feed/Safe Food certification, assuring you that the products used in their liquid fat blends are tracked and traced with the utmost attention to detail.
- Parameter Product Specification
- Total Fatty Acids85.0 %
- Free Fatty Acids35.0 %
- Moisture2.0 %
- Impurities: Tallow0.15 %
- Impurities: Other Animal Fat0.85 %
- Unsaponifiables2.0 %
- Pesticides and PCBBelow FDA/EPA tolerance levels